Monday, July 29, 2013

Air-O-Swiss AOS 7133 Ultrasonic Humidifier

I had been pricing and comparing the substantial number of humidifiers on the market and I am glad I settled on the Air-O-Swiss. Despite its higher price, I am quite satisfied with its functions, control, design and specifically, its quiet operation. I was looking to pay between $70-150 for a quiet, low-maintenance model to add humidity to my [very dry] 10x12' bedroom. I purchased it at a local store for the same price as listed on Amazon; I am glad I was able to see [and hear] this model in operation.

There is NO sound, even at the highest setting. I'm a light sleeper and cannot fathom a bedroom appliance that even approaches a dull hum.

The visible mist generated by this model is pleasant for me and my pets.

I have been refilling each morning, as I have had the device on a high setting and running nonstop.The compartment becomes about half-empty after a full day at this setting. Refilling is a snap.

The ability to have cool and warm settings is a big plus, since the jury is still out regarding the negatives and rewards of either mode.

The system has been running clean and I am certain this will continue to be the case with a modicum of effort. The cost of the filter and the silver stick is not intimidating and the recommended three-week maintenance check is reasonable.

The design is quite fetching. Minimalist and fetching.

I have it sitting on the floor and there is no dampness on the carpet as mentioned by owners of other brands. This tells me that this model is doing a good job of propelling the mist into the air.

My roommate recently paid $29 for a smaller Holmes humidifier. The Holmes is downright deafening and I am sure she would have paid the difference for an Air-O-Swiss. Silent operation is really important.

The only possible shortcoming is the hygrometer. It is not entirely intuitive: the machine is to shut off after the desired humidity percentage is met, yet I have yet to see the model shut itself off. Turning it off manually is not a big deal.

I took a big step purchasing an air purifier, but this purchase has made a significant difference in my bedtime and bedroom comfort. I've had some winter nights with seriously labored [allergy, smoke and pet-related] breathing but I find this device has given me a little peace of mind and tangible change.

Save 17% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment