Thursday, September 4, 2014

Miele STB 101 Mini Handheld Turbobrush

People seem to either love this or hate it. I am definitely a lover of the Miele STB101 Mini Turbo Brush.

Here's 4 reasons why: four cats. The lazy indoor-only kind that sleep all day on soft things.

I can tell my black cat's favorite soft surface du jour by the breadth and depth of the black fur he leaves behind. This mini turbo brush removes EVERY cat hair in just a few swipes in both directions. I have several cream-colored blankets he has adopted and I thought they could never be cleaned. Machine washing and drying never extracts the fur enough, and I can use an entire lint brush (the kind with sticky paper) before and after washing and still see fur. With the turbo brush, I can remove all visible hair easily, then can wash the blanket.

Some people don't like the brush because it is air-generated and can seize up at times without its own machine drive mechanism. I do encounter this, but after many uses, I find this happens on some surfaces more than others. If I just use a light touch, adjust the suction, and/or move the brush in the opposite direction, no problems at all.

Just be very careful handling this attachment while in use. Don't get your hands, clothing, or hair too close to the brush. I thought this warning was pretty silly when I saw it in the instructions, but as I use the brush more and more, I can see that I do often bring the attachment close to my body as I navigate about with it. Definitely, make sure you engage or disengage it with the machine OFF.

This brush picks up cat hair off soft blankets and upholstery like no other vacuum attachment I have ever used. I am so glad I paid extra for this attachment for my Miele Neptune.

Save 12% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment