Thursday, September 18, 2014

936850 Hunter Multi-Stage Mesh Replacement Pre-Filter

I ordered this pre-filter as a replacement for the one that came with my Hunter air purifier. For some reason, Hunter has decided to use a lighter weight frame around the mesh. When I put it in the filter (which is meant to be a tight fit), the frame bent.

I suppose now that it's in, it's doing the job of pre-filtering, but every time I take it out to clean it, the frame bends more. Eventually it will be unusable. The OEM pre-filter was great and it lasted me for a few years. I am very disappointed with this one, but unfortunately I don't think the original is produced any longer.

The price was good, but Hunter needs to step up the quality of materials it is using if they want to keep customers. As soon as I can, I'll be looking for a new whole room air purifier. Given the quality of the after-market replacements, I won't be looking for a Hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment