Friday, September 12, 2014

Cuisinart DCC-1100 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker

After buying a succession of cheap coffee makers which broke down after a year or two and made mediocre coffee, I decided to upgrade to Cuisinart.

I don't agree with the negative comments about this product.

The clock is easy to program and it's clearly indicated that you should either use paper or gold filter (twice in the instructions). It's also easy to pour water in the reservoir if you use the carafe. You can turn the coffee maker to the left, and the reservoir opening is easily accessible. Its opening is by no means tiny, as a reviewer described it.

The center funnel which holds the filter is well situated and there is very little risk of dropping coffee grounds into the water reservoir.

The carafe is well designed, with a comfortable handle. It pours neatly, without dripping coffee all over the counter, something which always happened with my old Mr. Coffee.

You do have to realize the lid snaps down on top of the carafe. This is not explained in the instructions.

Most importantly, it makes an excellent coffee.

There is a 3 year guaranty which is more than I have seen for others.

So far, I have no complaint, and I am glad I bought this product for a great price.

UPDATE: I am still using this coffee maker as of today, August 13, 2012. It's still working well though there are signs of wear. The carafe lid is looser and the cover hinge has a tendancy to stick. Otherwise, there are no problems.

Save 50% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment