Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Steamfast 3 In1 Steam Mop

Despite numerous complaints about poor customer service, I chose this model because it has variable steam output, also works as a handheld tool on vertical surfaces, does not get as hot as the sanitizing mops (and I hope is less likely to harm me or my bamboo floors), and gets some favorable reviews when it is working. I purchased this from a local electronics store (~$90) so I would not be at the mercy of the manufacturer's customer service in case of problems later.

I bought the Steamfast mop mainly to clean the stone tile floor of the bathroom. Squirt mopping with disposable cloths typically left my floor tacky, the grout dingy, and near the sink, a built-up film of hairspray residue.

I find this product works effectively when I start cleaning on a medium to low steam setting in the hand-held nozzle configuration around the tub rim, shower glass, toilet base, then (adding the handle and the stiff brush) pre-cleaning the floor tile grout, then switching to the mop head and steam mopping the stone tile floor on the lowest steam setting (per instructions).

Pros

Ready to mop just a few seconds after being turned on

No tacky residue on the tile floor

Floor dries quickly

With the nozzle/brush attachment and the long handle, I can clean the grout and toilet base without wearing gloves and kneeling

The mop head fits behind the toilet

Works on vertical surfaces and counter tops

Steam output is variable

Mop pad washes up nicely and air dries quickly

Reservoir capacity (~20 oz) was more than adequate to clean the whole bathroom.

Doesn't take up too much space hanging in the broom closet

Cons

-Like other mops, Steamfast pushes the dirt around on the fiber pad, which often needs rinsing during the job.

-If there is a lot of fiber, hair, or lint on the floor, the Steamfast mop tends to leave it behind in clumps.

-On all but the lowest steam settings (with the mop head on), the Steamfast leaves a fair amount of water on the surface being cleaned

-It is a bit cumbersome to get this out, fill up the tank, change attachments, adjust the handle, plug it in etc., and then empty and let the tank dry out when I am done.

Overall, I am satisfied with the Steamfast because it solves the problems I was having with the wet disposable cloth type of mop.

PS I use Bona system on my wood floors, but might I steam them once or twice a year in case of dirt buildup.

Save 40% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment