Thursday, June 25, 2015

Ionic Pro CA200T Twin Pack Compact Ionic Air Purifier

Ok,

These Ionic purifiers do work; however, mine stopped working after a year and here's what the Tech Support representative told me over the phone:

Rep: "Sir, how long have you owned the twin purifiers?"

Me: "about a year and a few months now."

Rep: "What is the problem?"

Me: "A RED light comes on right after I turn them on but the metal filters are clean!" Note: red light means filters must be cleaned.

Rep: "Ok, sir. What you need to do is send them both in and we'll replace them"

Me: "How much will this cost me?"

Rep: "$50 for you to send them and another $30-$50 for us to send them back"

Me: "What is the reason why they BOTH stopped working?"

Rep: "Well, after 1 year, use or no use, the wires inside the purifiers die and need replacing"

Me: "So, every year or so I must spend another $100 to get these working again?!!!"

Rep: "Yes, Sir. That's correct."

Me: "Ok. Well forget it. I will go on and give my review on these items right now."

As these Ionic purifiers seem to do a good job cleaning the air "without the consumer having to keep buying filters", the truth is that you must continue buying them every year for $100. According to the rep they give you news ones; they do not fix them or replace the dead wires.

I, for one, will not purchase this brand again. I do not hold a grudge against the people who sold them to me or the makers, but you as a consumer who wants things to last and work properly, beware of this twitch/deffect/malfunction or whatever you may want to label it.

Do your research for a real good filter. I am off to that search right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment