Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Austin Air Jr. HealthMate Air Purifier HM200

I got the Austin Air Healthmate Junior air purifier when I moved into my new house. The previous owner was a smoker. Although I'd replaced the carpets, painted the walls, and cleaned the ducts, I still needed something to help cut down the residual smoke smell. After extensive research, I chose the Healthmate Junior.

It did the job. It's nice and quiet on the low setting. On the high setting it's a bit noisier, but I just set it in a corner and it's fine. (Not right up against the wall though, because you have to leave a few inches of space around it for it to work right.) I left it running for over a year. The smoke smell is gone from the house now. Even my mother, with her super-sensitive nose, can't smell anything when she comes to visit.

I did buy a new filter after about nine or ten months. The air coming out of the Healthmake Junior started to smell a bit acrid. I called Austin Air and asked about it, because I thought the filter should last longer. They said it depends on the quality of your air. That makes sense. They gave me a discount on the new filter because it had been such a short time.

I'm quite pleased with it. It looks nice, it's relatively light, it's simple to use, it's quiet, and it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment