Tuesday, June 23, 2015

AC Infinity AI-CFD120BA Dual 120 Quiet Cabinet Fan Kit

Following a home theatre system redesign, space became a premium and in the case of the amplifier, I was concerned about the lack of breathing room even though I created some vent holes in the shelf above.

Subsequent temperature measurements indicated 100+ degrees F which is significantly higher than the optimal ~ 85 degrees F. At that point I started my search and came across the AC-Infinity family of rack coolers. Even though I wasn¡¦t using a rack, I am pretty good at ad hoc mods.:)

I elected the small 2 fan configuration (dual 80) as the most optimal for my application. I rigged the unit with a few wire ties and a push tack on the back of the shelf situate above the amp. Plugged it into the switched amp outout and the results were better than I anticipated. The unit now runs at ambient temperature even after hours of typical use. I cannot hear the fans even when nothing is playing.

Service: 3 days from order to install. Are you kidding me!

No comments:

Post a Comment