Thursday, August 7, 2014

Therapure TPP440 Permanent HEPA type Air Purifier

I bought this at Costco awhile back, and it works a lot better than the 201. The lights are quite bright and are somewhat of a pain at night, but it does a great job at purifying the air of dust and allergens. It does not do a great job at eliminating smoke smells, but given that it's being used in conjuction with an older 201 that needs a filter and lamp replacement, I very much doubt the unit is to blame so much as where I've placed them and the house I'm using it in (both could be very much improved, my room is right next to a bathroom used for smoking, so I'm going to smell it no matter how many filters I have running in the room).

I gave it 5 stars because I have had this for awhile and have not really noticed a deterioration in its ability to clean the air, and the filter is still like new after several months. I have no complaints other than the whole 1-year lamp replacement thing. I'm not looking forward to replacing the lamp on this unit. But really, you can't expect that stuff to last forever.

Save 21% Off

1 comment: