Saturday, August 23, 2014

Hoover Windtunnel MultiCyclonic Bagless Canister

I had no prior experience with canister vacuum cleaners, so I really didn't know what to expect. I already own an almost new Hoover bagless upright vacuum cleaner for comparison. First of all, the Hoover canister vacuum cleaner has a really great high tech appearance and seems to be well designed and manufactured. The first downside I can see to a canister vacuum cleaner is there are a lot of parts to assemble and store every time you want to use it. I finally decided the best way to store it is to put it back into the original shipping box. So don't throw it away. It makes it fairly easy and compact to store everything. The instruction manual is next to useless. The numbered items were incorrect or missing altogether. I hope somebody from Hoover reads this. It is embarrassing how little was written and how pathetic the mistakes are. So, you've just got to figure everything out by yourself. Thankfully it isn't so difficult.

Now for the good part. With the long hose, you don't have to use so much effort to vacuum the floor compared to an upright vacuum cleaner. The telescoping extension handle has a very novel ratcheting method to adjust the length. I am tall, so I extended it full length, but I think people who are not as tall will really like this feature. And it also helps with storage. The canister is on large diameter wheels and glides around effortlessly. And there is a button to press that self propels the vacuum head, which I've never seen before this. It makes an easy job even easier. I thought that was an especially neat feature. And it does have a very strong suction contrary to what others may say. The vacuum head is thinner than my upright vacuum cleaner, but still it is a little too thick to get under my king bed. It works fine in the kitchen to get under the cabinet overhang. And you can use the crevice tool for the tight spaces. (I thought the crevice tool was missing, but it was hidden in the packing material. So look carefully for all the pieces before tossing the cardboard into the recycle bin.)

It has a very long retractable power cord, great for my open combination living room, dining room and breakfast area. I tried to use this canister vacuum cleaner for the stairs, but while it can be done, it isn't all that practical. For stairs, I use the Eureka Hand-Held Vacuum, 71B. Also, I have two Roomba robotic vacuum cleaners, one for upstairs and one for down. I use them for light duty cleaning when I leave the house. But for serious cleaning, my Hoover Windtunnel MultiCyclonic Bagless Canister SH40050 is definitely my vacuum cleaner of choice. I strongly prefer bagless vacuum cleaners. Dumping the container is very easy. And this vacuum cleaner includes a HEPA filter (High Efficiency Particle Arrestor) to keep residual dust from being recycled in the air. I believe this canister vacuum cleaner is quieter than my Hoover upright vacuum cleaner. The noise is quite acceptable and much better than other brands in my opinion. I strongly recommend this Hoover Canister Vacuum Cleaner.

Save 35% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment