Thursday, August 28, 2014

Crystal Quest CQE-SP-00801 Luxury Shower Power White Massage Shower Head

I live in an area where the city water is loaded with both minerals and chlorine, and so far this is working wonders at taking both of those out of my shower water. I've been very impressed with the difference after installing this. As far as I can tell, it hasn't had any real impact on my shower pressure, which is something that I was concerned about.

It doesn't get five stars, though, because the threads where you screw on the shower head are made of a soft plastic. It was difficult getting my shower head to screw on properly, and it was very apparent that applying any force at all would quickly and easily strip those threads.

It's also important to note that the body of this filter is a good four inches long, which could be a problem if your a tall guy like me. I bought a nine inch shower extension arm from Amazon to compensate for that, and that solved the problem for me.

UPDATE: Changed the rating on this product from 4 stars to 2 star because the thread on the filter that you screw the shower head onto broke off while I was replacing the shower head. This renders the filter unusable. Note that I did not apply any abnormal pressure... this attachement is made out of a very soft plastic that easily sheared off. Although the filter does work well as a filter, this is such a huge design flaw that I would strongly recommend choosing another product.

Save 38% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment