Friday, October 18, 2013

New Green Air Pro Air Purifier

This is a great air purifier. I've been using this for a few months and I'm very impressed by the build quality and functions. I only use the Sterilize (UV Light) function regularly, which outputs very little ozone. I only use the Ozone feature whenever I need to get rid of strong cooking odors that normally take a day or two to get rid of. Too much ozone can be damaging to furniture, plastic, ect (learned the hard way) so I limit its use as much as possible.

Also, I replaced the Pre-Filter that came with the unit with an Activated Carbon filter and it makes a huge difference removing odors in the air. The case/holder for the black pre-filter comes apart by releasing several clips that hold the two halves together. I used my fingernails and pulled downwards. The clips are attached the center piece which latches to the outside bezel (you need to pull down/inwards on the center piece).

UPDATE 6/5/12

I've had zero issues with this unit since I purchased this back in '10. I've literally ran this non-stop for almost two years with the UV Light function ON and surprisingly, non of the UV Lamps or ozone plate have failed...yet. I've replaced the HEPA filter a couple of times and I regularly replace the pre-filter every month to two months using bulk activated carbon filter which I cut to fit the unit.

As I mentioned in my original post, this is a very well built, solid unit. If I ever need another unit, I will not hesitate in purchasing another one.

Save 46% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment