Friday, February 20, 2015

Gonzo Odor Eliminator

I decided to purchase several pouches of volcanic rocks from a couple different vendors to see if they are all the same and whether one has an advantage over the other. I tried both the "house odors" and "pet odors" varieties. The rocks from Amazon.com seem, in essence, to be the same as from the other store except for a couple differences that are important to me. The rocks from were packaged nicely, cleanly, and were easy to open. On the other hand, the rocks from this amazon.com vendor were packaged sloppily and arrived filthy with volcanic dust. Even though I was careful, the dust got all over the place. Also, the packages were difficult to open without leaving some of the plastic and paper label attached, so they were unattractive to have around the house. I ended up having to hide them behind furniture. Another good thing about the rocks the pouches each came with a nice, separate hook to make it easy to hang them. I had never purchased from before and probably will not again (they have nothing else I want) but if you are looking into purchasing volcanic rocks, you may want to check them out. They cost more but I think it's worth it I found that I was angry at myself for not buying all of them from there. (P.S. I have absolutely no affiliation with .)

I will come back to update my review after having used the rocks around the house for a while to see how effective their odor-absorbing ability is.

Update: amazon has blocked the name of the other online store, which is fine. You can probably find it on your own it's a store that specializes in environmental "earth" products. Another good thing about it they offer closet-sized versions of the pouches. Just remember if you don't mind the mess and difficult packaging, the rocks in both products are essentially the same.

Update #2: I've had several of these packets around the house for over a week and have not noticed any difference. I thought that they may need to be "revived" so I put them all out in the sunlight for several hours, as they recommend. No improvement. I feel silly for buying so many of them at once instead of trying out one or two. I feel like I've thrown away my money. The odor I'm trying to get rid of is not even a powerful one it's subtle. So you'd think it would be easty to remove it with the rocks. I'll leave them out in the hope that, in time, they will work, but I have to admit that I'm not optimistic about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment