Sunday, February 8, 2015

Essick Air 1040 Replacement Wick

I haven't used anything different in my Essick Humidifier (which is by far the best humidifier I've ever owned -definitely worth the $80 I paid for it), and I think these filters work swell.

To make them last:

-add a cap of liquid bacteria treatment (buy this in a hardware store for cheap) to the base of the humidifier every other week

-soak the filters in warm vinegar water once monthly (they will retain a slight vinegar smell for a day, but that quickly fades)

I typically get 4 months use out of the filters before I replace them. With the effort I put into keeping them clean I likely could use them longer, but the mineral stains make me think they're dirty.

I haven't been able to locate these filters in local stores (and trust me when I tell you I've searched all over Denver!), so I tend to order in bulk off from Amazon once a year and keep a supply of them in the closet.

Save 10% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment