Sunday, February 22, 2015

Filter Stream AirTamer Ionic Travel Air Purifier

I have many ionizers, also a couple of different wearable ones. I also have a professional ion counter to actually measure the output.

All the other wearable ionizers use a needle to emit the ions. Those models all have 3 disadvantages: They emit ozone (I want ions, not ozone), the ion stream is very focussed at one point (almost like a laser pointer or a highly focused flashlight) and the emitting needles wear out rather quickly.

This unit uses a tiny carbon fiber brush instead of a needle. I can measure a surprisingly high ion output 180 degrees in all directions around the brush (no focused beam). I am sure that it encloses my whole head much better that the focused beam of other devices hitting my chin. No ozone to detect. Brush should keep a very long time. 2x CR2025 batteries keep it running for a surprisingly long time (longer than any other battery operated ionizer I own) and if you buy them online at the right place, they are really cheap (although this is not rally an environmentally friendly solution).

Disadvantage: It's a but heavy and looks weird. I wish they would make a model that looks more like a piece of jewelry (but unisex, please) or an amulet. I really don't like if people stare at the "thing" around neck, but I can live with it.

Currently I experience some kind of allergic reaction on the skin on my chest right under the unit (with the unit on top of a t-shirt, of cause). Not sure about that. Will watch it...

No comments:

Post a Comment