Sunday, July 13, 2014

simplehuman Stainless Steel Compost Pail

I really researched compost buckets before purchasing. Most of the reviews for other, less expensive buckets similar in design to this Simplehuman one complained that the outside got rusty. I've had mine for months and I love it. It's never gotten rusty, it's very sturdy, and I've not yet had to replace the filter. The filter got pretty dirty from my overfilling the bucket, so I do plan to replace it today (only because it got dirty, though, not because it stopped working). Odor from the bucket has never been an issue either.

My one teeny tiny complaint is that fruit flies can fit through the holes around the top where the filter goes. Because of this, I have gotten a mild (like maybe 3 flies at the most) fruit fly infestation when the weather has been warm. During the summer months, I will consider keeping my bucket in the fridge instead of on the counter if the fly issue gets to be a problem. Other than that, I love this bucket and will purchase it again if anything ever happens to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment