Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Miele S5281 Callisto Canister Vacuum Cleaner

I never in my life imagined I would spend $800 on a vac. Seriously.

Many of my online mom friends were bragging about their Dysons. In our new house we have laminate floors thru the whole house, a few rooms have area rugs. We have a labrador, 2 cats, and 2 preschool aged children. The upright vacs were horrible on the hard floors, would always kick kitty litter back at my feet. I **HATE** kitty litter being kicked back at my feet. And none of the uprights would fit under the furniture. I wanted a cannister. We went to Sears, tried them all. I was so bummed out that the Dyson cannister didn't do a very good job. But happy I didn't spend $400 on it.

I saw a bunch of reviews raving about Miele. I went to the company website and found a local dealer. Went there to check them out. The man that ran the shop was just one of those down to earth, good people. He asked what kind of floors we had, etc. He picked out a vac that he said was "mid-range", now that I've seen all the models, he actually picked out one of the lesser expensive models. It's rare these days when the sales people start you out at the low end, kwim? We must have asked him a zillion questions and he answered them all. And the best part was the carpet freshener he had, he sprinkled it out on the hardwood floor. It was just like the kitty litter at home. And not one single piece was left behind or kicked back at me. I was in heaven. LOL!

This guy was so nice, we decided to buy there rather than try to find the cheapest price on the net. I'm glad we did. He spent alot of time with us and spends his days repairing all brands of vacs. He threw in a box of replacement bags too. I love helping out the little guy, especially when they are good people. Turns out we paid the same price as most places are selling them anyway.

We came home, cleaned the whole house. And it was weird but the house actually seemed MUCH, MUCH cleaner than when I use my other vac. I am sold for LIFE on this brand.

It's **VERY** quiet, does its job the way it supposed to be done, comes with a power brush (that you can turn the beater bar off with a flick of the thumb switch) AND a hard floor non-powered head. The hard floor head is perfect for our house of laminate floors. I can do a few of the throw rugs with it too. It's EXCELLENT at getting all those darn little pieces that sit at the edge of the rug. Power brush is great on regular carpeting, and you can control the suction so you don't bunch up throw rugs when trying to vac them. YAY!

Save 9% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment