Thursday, July 31, 2014

BISSELL Steam Sponge

The size of this steamer makes it very easy to use. It's light weight, even when filled with water and it has a very long cord, about 18 feet by my rough measurements. I like this because it makes it easy to move around the kitchen or bathroom with it or wherever it's needed. (My next job will be some outdoor furniture.) It's important to keep it mind that a steam cleaner doesn't pick up dirt, so you need to vacuum or go over the area you're cleaning with a cloth first and pick up any loose debris. What it does do, and does it pretty well, is to loosen tough stains with very hot steam and sanitizes the area that you're cleaning. You don't use detergents or cleaners with this Bissell Steam Sponge, just water. (I like this!) But that means it has some limitations. For example, when I used it to clean my oven it reduced most of the baked on crud to a liquid that I was able to wipe off with a damp cloth. I used it on the window on the oven door and it got some of the stuff off, but much will have to be scrubbed with baking soda to totally remove it.

One thing about steam is that it's drippy. You end up with water on the surface you're cleaning and you'll probably drip some on the floor if you're cleaning an oven. Since there's no vacuum effect to the steamer, you have to go over it with a cloth to dry it. It works better for some things than for others. It did quite a nice job on the soap scum on shower doors. It didn't get every last spot but in just a few minutes it got more off with less effort than just scrubbing it by hand would have done. I wish there was a button that could be pushed to supply a steady supply of steam rather than having to continually squeeze the trigger on the handle. I don't know if this is a safety issue or what, but I could see it being difficult if someone had problems with their hands.

This is also a small steamer and is meant for small jobs. It wouldn't be suitable for floors because it would take forever unless you have a very small room. It is good for spot cleaning grout on tile floors. I had one spot in my kitchen that just wouldn't come clean and this got the dirt out.

You can hold the steamer in any direction but if you hold it upside down, the water won't connect with the valve it goes through so you won't get new steam. It did a great job on the microwave which I wanted to include on the video, but my microwave hangs above the stove and trying to hold the camera and move the steamer was too clumsy. And the camera lens ended up all steamy so you'll just have to take my word for it.

I hope the video is helpful to you if you're looking for a small steamer. Thank you for watching it.

Save 2% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment