Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Homedics Hum-wm75 Cool/warm Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier

First off I want to say that I did like the design of this unit. It was an interesting shape which did look cool on my dresser. I liked the fact that it was tall, so that the mist was released higher into the room. The oscillating nozzle at the top was great for dispersing the mist throughout the room. It also produced a good amount of mist at the highest setting.

Why did I return two of these units? One word NOISE. On the first use the first unit seemed louder to me than the one in the store (I purchased the unit at Bed Bath and Beyond). After a few days of use, it got noisier. The sound it made sounded like an impeller or fan had a bad bearing. It was not super loud, but was loud enough to be unusable at night when trying to sleep. Thought maybe it was a defective unit, so exchanged it for another like unit. The second unit was quiet at first, but within two days the same noise started to develop again. So I exchanged it for a similar priced Germ Gaurdian model. Haven't used that one enough yet to make a recommendation, but out of the box it was significantly quieter than the Homedics unit ever was. It really has been whisper quiet so far.

It could be that both units came from a bad batch that was delivered to the store, but I was really disappointed with the noise level for a somewhat expensive ultrasonic unit. The other two reviews both say the unit is very quiet, so this may be the case. I will say it was quieter than my old Vicks humidifier. That thing sounded like a leaf blower!

Save 62% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment