Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Kenmore Humidifier Wick Filter 14909

I purchased this replacement filter/wick for our humidifier this year and all I can say is, it doesn't work. First, the construction of the media is very open -which I thought meant that it would function better than our older wicks. Not so. These filters aren't strong enough to support the weight of the air funnel in the humidifier or their own weight -when wet. They also don't wick enough water up into themselves to humidify the air. I ran our humidifier on high for eight hours last night. The humidity level in the house was 20% and the humidifier consumed about two quarts of water. Using our old wicks, the humidifier reservoir would have been almost empty. I'm looking online now trying to find our old wicks.

Save 33% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment