Friday, September 13, 2013

Holmes HAP706-U True HEPA Mini Tower Allergen Remover

As soon as I got it, I started it running full-speed in my 120sq.ft bedroom all evening and night. Within an hour or two of running, I could already tell a noticeable difference in the air quality. I have the ionizer running as well. The air is fresher, and I can breathe easier. It is the first time in years, I woke up without my nose and throat congested from my dust/mold allergies.

While the box states it is only for rooms up to 81sq.ft. I found it has worked really well in my slightly larger room. The high fan-speed is powerful, but noticeable in sound. However, it is only just as noisy as any "wind" type fan. However, on the medium and low fan-speeds it is practically inaudible. It is currently on the medium fan-speed and my desktop computer is louder than it at this moment.

This takes the Holmes "D" type filters, and I can get a 2-pack at my local WalMart for $30. The instruction manual says that based on air quality and typical usage, you should change the filter every 10 12 months. Therefore, a $30 2-pack could last you two years. Also, of course, the Air Purifier does come with a filter preinstalled. Typical usage according to the instruction manual is operating it continuously.

I do not smoke, nor do I have any pets. So, I cannot attest to its usefulness in that regard. However, my room has a mold problem and I also have a dust allergy.

I am quite please with the Holmes HAP706-U Air Purifier.

Save 29% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment