Sunday, September 1, 2013

Holmes LifeLong HAP1200-U HEPA Type Air Purifier

The previous reviews of this product are pretty accurate.

The issue of the rattling fan is true (I have proven to myself that it is the fan my first guess is the use of sleeve instead of ball bearings, and the fan may be a bit underpowered to draw the air through the HEPA filters). Right out of the box it didn't have the rattling sound, but after just about 10 hours of running, there it was. Because of this, I would agree that putting it right in a bedroom would not be the thing to do. I don't have it right in the bedroom, and I do have a white noise generator on the headboard, so I don't notice that little rattling noise at night; and during the day it makes no difference to me anyway since I can't really hear it unless I am within about 10 feet of the unit.

I like the ability to turn the ionizer on and off. I use the medium speed setting of the fan, as the high setting does result in noticeably higher fan noise (the rattling seems to stay at about the same level).

I will get a much better feel for how it works as far as "cleaning the air" this winter, as we tend to open doors and windows in the evenings and mornings in the summer; which of course rather defeats the whole purpose of the machine. None the less, we kept the doors and windows closed for about a seven day period, and both I and my wife felt that we did notice some difference in air quality.

Considering the price, the washable pre-filter, and the cleanable HEPA filters, I think the unit is a relatively good value.

Save 18% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment