Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Doulton HCPS Countertop Water Filter

I bought the Doulton Countertop Water Filter a couple months ago and I'm sorry I did. I can't drink the water from it given the ceramic filter continually discharges something into the water that is gritty. My mouth is coated with a film of grit after drinking the water. The ceramic filters, when new, are coated with some type of powder which looks like residue from the manufacturing process and it appears this is what ends up in the drinking water. The directions require a new filter to have water run thought it for 10 min followed by a 24 hour rest period and then another 10mins of water but after doing that and running lots of additional water through the filter before I fill up a glass it still is gritty. I'm on my 2nd cartridge. The first had the same problem but got better but returned to being unduly gritty as I used it more. All in all a grossly unsatisfactory experience.

Save 30% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment