Friday, March 20, 2015

Sunpentown AC-3000I Magic Clean HEPA Air Cleaner with Ionizer

Bought the AC-3000I for a 10x12 room that gets ample amounts of sun throughout the day, which in turn makes it a favorite for my two dogs. With the combination of sun and dogs comes a significant amount of dust and pet dander. It is, in my opinion, the ideal situation for an "air purifier".

Upon coming home for work, there would literally be a layer of dust and dog hair confined to this space. My hope was that by adding the AC-3000I the dust and dander would be minimized. Expectations were low and I was prepared to accept any kind of improvement as justification of the cost. My first attempt at using the AC-300I on the "low" setting showed absolutely no results. Okay, so maybe this kind of environment justifies cranking it up to "high" (which is significantly louder). Again, there wasn't one bit of difference and this was after 10 hours of use. In fact, you could watch the dust and pet dander particles literally swirl around the room from the purifier fan, but absolutely nothing was begin collected. NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH!

I decided to take a look at the filter to see if perhaps it was clogged or something. Everything was in order so I decided to experiment. I noticed when placing my hand on the "intake" filter area that there is hardly (and that's being generous) any suction on this unit. You'd think with all the air the fan puts out, you'd notice some kind of suction. So I collected a dust bunny to see how close to the unit it had to be to cling to the filter. Try about 3 inches, otherwise the dust would simple fall the floor or spin around the room into oblivion.

The bottom line is this. If you're in the market for something that actually cleans the air, look elsewhere. All this thing does is blow air.

Save 23% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment