Sunday, March 15, 2015

Electrolux Jetmaxx Green Canister Vacuum

Well I love the suction, and the power upholstery attachment, however there are a number of serious design flaws. The worst flaw is the hose, it is very cheap and stiff, although it can theoretically swivel on both ends, you will have to twist it with your hands for it to do so. The hose comes out of the canister at a nearly vertical angle so there is not enough sideways force to make it swivel even if they did have a half way decent swivel attachment. The result is that the hose is constantly kinking and every time you move a few feet the canister flips upside down. Adding to the flipability of the vacuum are the two large wheels on the sides that prevent the canister from turning easily. Rotating wheels would have been a big help here. I have a 1980's Hover canister that has never flipped. If I could buy an old Hover I would.

My next disappointment was the swiveling arm, which by the way swivels like a dream, so I know they can make a good swivel (try putting it on the hose). I thought I would like this feature however I have found that it makes turning the power head very difficult. When I push the arm to the side instead of moving the head to the side it just swivels the arm. To actually change the direction of the head I have to pick it up turn it and put it back down again (this can get very tiring). Additionally since the hose is kinked all the time, it puts sideways pressure on the arm as a result I am constantly fighting to keep the arm vertical.

On last flaw regards how attachments attach to the arm. The power attachments have a very loose connection and will come off with just a little pressure. When vacuuming under the couch I have pulled the arm back out and found that the power attachment was left behind.

Save 34% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment