Sunday, March 22, 2015

Jarden SWM5251-UM Sunbeam Warm Mist Humidifier

My sinuses and eyes get really dry in the winter when the heater is running. I bought one of these exact same models (the 5251) 6 years ago under the Holmes brand name. I wasn't expecting much since many reviews of different sorts of humidifiers out there where often pretty bad. It seemed like many humidifiers require expensive filter replacements, difficult cleaning processes, and they often don't work for long. I am glad to report that after six years, this humidifier is still working flawlessly. It's really easy to clean (I just rinse out the sediment left after boiling off all the tap water). Very helpful with my dryness. I would never live through another winter again without a humidifier, and I've been very happy with this model.

Last year, I decided to get a second one (of the same model, the SWM5251) after moving into a new place with a bigger bedroom. The newer one is this exactly the same but under the Sunbeam brand name instead of Holmes. It's the exact same thing as my old one, so Sunbeam must have bought the technology rights from Holmes or something. Anyway, the Sunbeam is working well now on its second winter, and I expect it will continue to work for several more years just like my first Holmes unit has been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment