Sunday, March 8, 2015

20x25x4/20x25x5 (19.8"x24.8"x4.3") ULTRA 1200 MERV 13 Bryant Replacement Air Filter

Filter is made in USA and is an effective Merv 13 during dry weather. The extended descriptions says that the filters are 19 7/8" tall. The filters are actually 19 3/4" tall. To fix, I cut a 1" x 25" piece of cardboard from my last filter pack shipping box and double taped it across the top with 2" wide 3M clear packaging tape. I, like 99.9% of homeowners, do not have a manometer to check pressure drop, but my furnace does not seem to be working any harder than it did with a Merv 8 filter. My allergies did diminish greatly after installing this filter.

May 20,2012 Update

If we open the windows at night, I get stuffed up. If the windows stay closed, I breath perfectly! These filters are dynamite in dry weather! This filter is now available in a 2-pack to save a few dollars.

June 2012 Update

When it got humid out, I got indoor alergies, even with new filters (bought in a 2-pack). The filters bought in May were not made the exact same way they were before (no matter, they both have issues with high humidity). I was dissappointed. I replaced this generic filter with a X6675 Lennox 20x25x5 MERV 16 Filter Media for HCC20-28. The Lennox filter is made with fiberglass and does not rely on static electricity to improve the effective MERV rating. It costs much more than the generic, but it works, every day, even on humid days!

November 2012 Update.

I am still using the Lennox filter and am still McLovin it!!

A side note: the generic has about 17 pleates. The Lennox filter has 72! Way more filter area with the Lennox.

Save 44% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment