Wednesday, December 24, 2014

SPT Polar Bear Ultrasonic Humidifier

I already have a Hello Kitty Crane type Humidifier and almost got another but decided to get this Polar Bear one instead. I'm glad I got this one for my bedroom since it's about half the size of Hello Kitty and is easy to refill (a bit more easier than Hello Kitty).

It's not heavy as the HK one can get and it's easier to clean too. On the Medium setting (which would be halfway to to the MAX settingsince there's no actual words printed on the unit, just dots), it lasted for almost 3 days straight on a full tank and then it turned off automatically when empty. It works really well even though it's smaller.

Hello Kitty does not turn off like this one does when the tank is empty, the HK stays on with a red light glowing. This one really does turn off and doesn't keep using your electricity like the HK one does.

Plenty of steam comes from the nose of the bear on MAX but the things near it will get wet easily fairly quickly. I recommend the Medium setting and you'll get the best output for moisture that isn't too much or too little. Plus it'll last for days (2 days and a half or so for me and even though the tank isn't real big, it lasts a long while more than the HK one. It's really nice not have to refill so often).

Hello Kitty has a soft blue night light feature, but it does get a little hot at the base. No fire issues for me though and I've had mine for years.

The Polar Bear's base gets warm but it's no where near hot and when it turns off due to an empty tank, it really does turns off (unlike HK which stays on and continues to be hot at the base).

I get sinusitis often due to polyps so this humidifier is a must for me. I sleep better because of it.

This unit is probably the safest option/version for your kids since it doesn't get heated like the Crane ones (I do like the Crane units except for the heat issue).

I highly recommend this Polar Bear. It's blue and white and very cute/charming with the bear having a clear blue tummy. (The HK model is hard to see the water level unless you turn on the night light and it's dark in the room.)

I'm thinking of buying another for my sister. Just wish it had a night light feature like the Hello Kitty one does. Thank you for reading my review :)

Save 22% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment