Sunday, December 7, 2014

SPT Evaporative Air Cooler

I purchased this evaporative cooler to take the edge off of my child's play room. We have a couple other evaporative coolers in the house that work well for larger areas, but wanted something smaller and that used less electrical power for that application. I bought based on price, the 65 watt usage and the louvers. It arrived in good condition and completely assembled. Entirely plastic, but seems well made. Smaller than expected. Likes: the controls work well, nice to have the water level window, does what it should (cools a small room as can be expected from an evaporative cooler). Dislikes: feeding water is time consuming due to small intake hole, louvers dont really do much it rotates and could be a nice feature, but I think the pitch is too low or non existant, so the air mostly goes straight.

Update 1.17.03:

Stopped using when it started to leak. Still works if you put a cookie pan underneath, but I recovered my previous portable AC unit (cooling fins needed cleaning, covered in lint/dust causing it to shut down) and switched back to the AC unit.

Save 35% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment