Thursday, December 4, 2014

Filtrete Hoover Self-Propelled Windtunnel Filter

I have two Hoover uprights with primary and final filters. I always use the Filtrete HEPA bags. After about a year of use, I noticed one vac would stop working after about 3 minutes, even with a clean bag. Turns out the primary and final HEPA filters were clogged. (this was a factory installed pleated final filter) I cleaned the primary and removed the final filter, and the vac worked fineeven had lots more suction!

In the mean time, I ordered these Filtrete final filters. I installed one, and found I lost a lot of suction, and I am concerned about overheating again. I am wondering if using a HEPA bag AND a HEPA final filter are just too much restriction for this machine?

Maybe this filter would be OK if I used just a regular paper bag? Yet, if the Filtrete HEPA bags do what they say they will do, then maybe I just don't need this final filter?

Puzzling, for sure. But I will give this 4 stars because it is a quality product and likely does what it is supposed to do (with a regular bag?)

Save 94% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment