Thursday, January 1, 2015

Surround Air Multi Tech II XJ-3000D Air Purifier

I started to run this air purifier exactly 52 hours ago, and it has already changed my quality of life.

I have never owned an air purifier before. I have been literally choking on the air in my own apartment during the several months that I have been living here, and I had extremely unrealistic expectations about an air purifier: I imagined posting something like, "Wow! I could feel the difference after two hours!" Well, OK, it took more than two hours! But it happened.

I started it on low fan with the sanitizer disabled. Then I went to medium fan, then I added the sanitizer on low, then I put the fan on high and the sanitizer on medium. I awoke this morning no longer choking on the air and no longer confronted with the aggressive dusty odor with which I had come to associate my apartment. I left it today with the fan on high and the sanitizer on medium and returned tonight to a completely different atmosphere.

I am not afraid of the ozone produced by the sanitizer but if you are you can choose to run it only once in a while or never.

My only concern is that, unlike some other air purifiers, this one does not have a display light that indicates when the HEPA filter is dirty (and this HEPA filter is permanent if you have a hand vac although you can also choose to buy a replacement filter [also readily available through amazon]). Since this is my first air purifier, a dummy light would have been great. But I went for the price. I guess I'll know when the filter needs vacuuming or changing when I sense that the air is once again heavy with particles.

But no negatives. I love this thing. I want to hug it.

Save 49% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment