Saturday, January 24, 2015

Miele S2121 Olympus Canister Vacuum Cleaner

I underwent a long and arduous search for the best vacuum, and I finally found it. I read a ton of reviews and looked at lots of models, and am very happy with my choice. However, we've only had it for a few weeks, so perhaps I'll find fault later on, but for now, my husband and I are both thrilled with this vac. It's light, easy to maneuver and great on our hardwood floors and rugs. Even though there is no brush roller, it still works well on all our rugs, which are mostly orientals and some with a fairly thick pile. One caveat: Make sure you use the switch on the vac head to go from hardwood to carpet, or else it will make that terrible scraping sound another reviewer wrote about. Once you hit the switch it works fine, so I guess that person just didn't notice the switch. It's nice and quiet and also works well on cat hair. The only criticism I have is that the vent blower on top of the vac can blow dust a bit but that's only when you are holding it at odd angles, like on the stairs. Once I was aware of that, I was able to turn it to avoid the issue. The cord was long enough for me; didn't have that issue as others have. I love that it has a holder to keep the wand upright when you need to stop and move something-you don't have to find something to lean it on. Overall, I'm VERY pleased!!!

NOTE: Amazon lists a suggestion to buy vac bags at the same time, but it listed the wrong kind of bag. This machine takes G/N bags and not the other kind as was listed.

Save 9% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment