Monday, January 5, 2015

Classico Wine Aerator and Stand

I had purchased the other very popular named brand aerator for red wine but it arrived with a crack near a hole where I presume the air comes in from the outside. So, for fear this crack would continue to spread as time goes on and render the item useles I just decided to send it back. So, I had a credit for the purchase since it was defective. I like to keep my eyes open for other products especially when they can provide a lower cost and perform just as good if not better. I read the reviews on this other brand red wine aerator and liked what I read. Granted, the number of reviews was limited compared to the other top brand. Boy am I glad I took a chance. The aerator came and the first few observations were that it was a little lighter and not as thick (heavy) as the other name brand aerator but it came with a nice design and the wide bottom stand was a nice touch to secure it in after using. Also, the case you store it in has a nice 'flip' cover design so that after you use it and rinse with warm water and dry it you can then put it back in the case without pulling and tugging on the box like you have to with the other brand. It sort of a nice intangible of having this aerator. For example, most people like the ease of just flipping open the box and getting the object and quickly using it or showing it to friends. Its a minor thing but to me it is that added touch to the packaging of the unit that makes me really pleased. Again, the other brand is more like a box in a box design that you have to pull off (grip the top box lid) the top while squeezing the bottom. Again, not a major deal but you do appreciate not having to 'tug' the two box sections apart with the Classico. It's smooth.... like drinking a good wine. So, this feature is one that will keep me recommending the Classico over the other.

Now the actual performance Amazing! I like the 'amount' of wine you can pour in it as it allows the ease of not worrying about overpouring while you are amazed at the aeration in action. You talk about aerating... this thing saturates the wine with the air as you can see it dispensing in the wine glass full of air bubbles! It is fun to watch. It makes a more pleasant aeration sound and doesn't make that extreme odd girgling sound that the other brand makes. It isn't 'quiet' but the sound is more 'natural' versus an almost obnoxious sound from the other. Again, just my quirky observation but I am impacted by more than one sense so the 'sound' makes a noticeable difference to me. Most likely this won't matter to most people.

So in summary the 3 things that really make this a winner for me is 1) the price was materially more affordable than the other 'name' brand being sold on Amazon, 2), the flip box to store and take out with ease was a nice touch (cool looking black box), 3) the aeration sound and noticeable aerating action is proof that this baby is working. I want to point out that you have to keep in mind that these aeration devices are designed to 'wake' up a wine and accentuate the aroma, flavors, etc that they naturally possess. They aren't going to make a skank wine (sorry for rough description) taste like a $25+ dollar bottle of Napa red. But, it will take a bitter wine that isn't quite ready to drink out of the bottle and make it more palatable. It takes better wines to their full potential so you get the full enjoyment of what you pay for! Enjoy and give it a try. Don't be scared into thinking it isn't 'as good' as the other brand because it costs less. Somethings are pricier because of the 'name' not because they function better. I hope you like as much as I do!

Save 33% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment