Sunday, January 25, 2015

RO MIGHTY MITE SYSTEM 50GPD

Where I live we have had a few notifications from our local water department of elevated levels of arsenic; NOT GOOD. So I've had it in the back of my mind to get an RO system for some time;

and this little gem fit the bill. I am what you would call "mechanically challenged". I didn't want an elaborate under the counter system with it's own faucet that would have to be installed; to complicated for me; besides I live in a rental; and I was impressed with the reviews here too.

My order arrived in 10 days (there were two weekends in between)So it was fairly fast.

The only complaint (and I notified Abundant Flow) were the instructions. I felt there should be pic's explaining the hardware but in the back of the booklet, was a flow diagram.

First off, remove the aerator from your faucet. Attach the adapter (provided with the unit)by screwing onto faucet where the aerator was. The Quick Disconnect then attaches to the adapter. Connect the RED hose to the Quick Disconnect that mates with the fitting installed on the faucet. No tools required On the Red hose, unscrew the collar slip it over the red hose connect the hose to the nipple on the Quick Disconnect; which locks the hose to the quick disconnect

UPDATE: I didn't know that when you push the quick disconnect up onto the faucet, BE SURE TO PUSH UP ON THE COLLAR OR RING TO LOCK IT ONTO THE FAUCET. Otherwise when you turn the faucet on the quick disconnect will just pop off the faucet. Now I can turn my faucet on full force and fill the container in less time.

I almost sent this unit back. I was unsure about all the water being expelled from the Yellow hose (BAD WATER) which is the drain and little coming from the Blue (Good). I contacted Mark @ Abundant Flow and e-mailed me that you will get about a 4 to 1 ratio of waste (Bad) to Good water. It (Good water)filled up a 32oz juice bottle in just a few minutes. So I'm happy about that. It comes with enough hoses to hang yourself so just cut the excess off just make sure to have enough Yellow for the drain.

I highly recommend to have some containers on hand to store purified water in. I'm using empty gallon milk jugs.

UPDATE

I keep forgetting about the water filling the jug and overflowing so I created an overflow system see pic

UPDATE:

It took 35 minutes to fill up a gallon milk jug

I also ordered an Inline DI Adder Kit here on Amazon for the removal of the arsenic; that unit is the final filter that connects to the Blue line.

So all and all I'm very pleased with this unit once I understood how it works and mounted it to the wall in just minuets; the bracket unfolds see main pic for that then just folds back onto itself.

Update:

I purchased a TDS meter and unfiltered water measured at 106 PPM and filtered 001; note this is within the margin of error so I would presume that it would actually be 0 also I have installed a DI final filter

Save 26% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment