Thursday, June 27, 2013

SPT WA-1140DE Dual-Hose 11,000-BTU Portable Air Conditioner

Its two years since I purchased this and happened upon this link today. I remember doing a great amount of research when I bought this unit. It is NOT like the one being reviewed with 2 stars.

One key point it has two hoses input and output (not one like many units out there). It's very good at evaporating the water it takes out of the room (the two hoses are supposedly responsible for this efficiency). I have yet to empty the tank. The unit comes with a window package that holds the tubes in place (its made of heavy duty plastic).

As to moving it around, no big problems it is a beast to move on the stairs, but ..... its an air conditioner, not a fan.

I normally use it to cool down a 20x20 room (9 foot ceilings). It does take longer than I'd like, but if it's a humid night, it gets the room in a "sleepable" condition in about 1 hour.

The reason for not giving it 5 stars is that the remote control gives you options that you can't get from the panel. If you lose the remote, you lose the functionality (there may be a secret set of buttons you push to get the function, I haven't figure them out yet). The manufacturer's site is lacking in docs.

Save 41% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment