Thursday, June 27, 2013

Honeywell AirGenius5 Air Cleaner

First of all, this air cleaner has a very modern look and feel. It is very nice and fits into any room of my house just fine.

I bought two air cleaners at the same time to get a feel for what I want/need in my home. In addition to this item, I bought Winix PlasmaWave 5300 Air Cleaner Model.

I opened the Honeywell first and placed it in my bedroom. After reading the instructions, I put it on setting 4 and told it to oscillate in my bedroom. I typically sleep with a fan (sometimes a white noise machine if it is too cold), but this unit was audible even over those sound sources. It is audible everywhere in the room and doesn't adjust at all on its own. When we woke, I admit that we both felt better than we had the last month or so. The smell was better, you could see less dust in the sunlight, and the unit was still chugging along just fine.

The next night, I tried the Winix. The Winix unit was significantly quieter. While it isn't quite as appealing visually, it seems to function much stronger. The Winix has a visual sensor to show what type of air quality it detects and adjusts the fan speed and technology used accordingly. At the lowest setting, the Winix uses 9W of power and is almost silent. It is impossible for me to hear from five feet or more away. The sleep mode on the Winix kept it quiet through the night as well no sounds competing with my other audio sources.

I'm happier with the Winix, but if you're looking for a specific use for an air cleaner, you can set the Honeywell to a strong setting, oscillate it, etc. It looks nicer as well. For constant use in your house, get the Winix. If you're looking to clean the aid during a party or other event, get the Honeywell.

Save 20% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment