Wednesday, May 27, 2015

New Comfort 6 Stage Air Purifier Cleaner Hepa Uv Ozone Covers 3000 Feet Acyrlic

I bought this little unit when we were moving into a home with previous mild mold issues, as it claimed to cover an area well over the size of our new home. I thought the price was good for a unit offering UV light and an ionizer. However, after one month of operation, I decided to send it back. First, there was very little air passing through the unit even when the fan was set on high, and I even noticed dust collecting on the front grill where clean air was to exit. It had no impact on cooking and other smells in the home, and I was concerned about the use the ozone function around our large family and pets. I did try the ozone function once in the basement when it developed a musty odor after rainfall, and it did clear the air quickly. It appears to me that the unit only meets its claims with the ozone function in operation, but unfortunately, it is not safe to use in this manner when the room is occupied. For a large family, it was not practical. In addition, the acrylic casement was impractical, as it meant that it could never be used in a bedroom at night, unless you wanted the room aglow in neon light due to the UV bulb. I did like the size and its quietness.

No comments:

Post a Comment