Friday, May 15, 2015

Hamilton Beach True Air 05920 Blue Humidifier Filter

I have been using this humidifier for 5 years. Here's how I keep the filter fresh.

I fill the tank at night before bed, run it on low, and by the next night the tank is empty and the filter is all dry. I flip the filter, fill the tank, and start over again. If I need to add water more frequently (on a dry day or if I want higher humidity), I still have to LET THE FILTER DRY OUT and FLIP the filter BEFORE I add new water.

So, I run it 24/7, and it lasts about 7 to 8 weeks because

(1) I let the humidifier run until the filter is bone DRY for EACH tank of water.

(2) I flip the filter every time I put a new tank of water on it.

(3) I put the tank and tray in the dishwasher once every 7 to 10 days.

These are what the instructions say to do, and I have found it WORKS! I need two or three filters per season.

If you keep adding water without letting the tray and filter dry, your filter will get stinky and yellow in 2 weeks and you will be unhappy!

If you find the filter is soggy, let the humidifier run until it dries out. Make sure there is no water in the tank and tray, and it will dry out faster in the humidifer (20 30 minutes on high?) than in the air.

Don't be unhappy: let the filter dry out between tanks.

Save 19% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment