Monday, May 18, 2015

Honeywell AirGenius4 Air Cleaner

Honeywell AirGenius4 Air Cleaner/Odor Reducer, HFD310

This is my third air cleaner that I have added to my household in the last year.

At this point, I know what features I really prefer and find helpful.

I appreciate the timer feature and use it daily and I consider it a must for all future purchases. It's so convenient to just set the timer after you turn it on and not have to worry about turning it off before bed or if it's in my bedroom turning it off after I get up in the morning. This unit has settings for 2, 4 and 8 hours. My other air cleaner has a 24 hour timer which I prefer. I run my cleaners longer than 8 hours.

With this unit the air cleaner oscillates which I think is the most important and the best feature. It is the first and only air cleaner I have seen with this feature. I think it really helps clean/distribute/deodorize the air better and faster and at this time I feel it is a feature I won't do without in future purchases.

Aside from the energy star rating I also like the quietness of the unit. This has a sleep mode that is extremely quiet, you can barely tell it's on. There are also the general, allergen and max modes. They get slightly louder as the levels go up but I think even at the highest setting it is rather quiet.

The Honeywell AirGenius 4 measures about as wide as my other air cleaners but for some reason it looks wider. With all it does though, I can easily overlook the appearance. (The control panel and width is almost 8 inches across)

A feature of this unit is that it also comes with an odor filter. This is in addition to the washable foam pre-filter but you cannot use this in combination with the odor reducing pre-filter. I really wish I could use both at the same time. The odor filter you throw out when it needs replacing.

Overall, I totally love the oscillating feature and the fact that this does a larger room (250sq.ft) which is perfect for my house because my kitchen opens in the living room area. The Honeywell AirGenius does a fantastic job of cleaning, deodorizing and distributing the air that I plan on getting one for my daughter's room.

There is a 2 pack odor reducing pre-filter on Honeywell's site for 19.95. The other filters are permanent because they are washable which will add up to quite a savings!

Save 16% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment